Monday, February 18, 2008

WHOLEY cow I love Whole Foods!! hahh

Yummmm-o! Whole Foods is one of the greatest things about living in the south. I'm a health food nut so right away the store is number one in my book...besides that, they have the tastiest foods you will ever find...and some really unique things! For Valentine's Day, my boyfriend and I opted for a quiet evening cooking together at his house so we could avoid the crowded restaurants...we got some fresh salmon, sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, carrots and a great bottle of white wine...and had a SUPER fantastic dinner at home that was much better than what we would have found at a restaurant (and I'm not even that great of a cook!) Of course its much cheaper to shop at a "regular" grocery store and we still do that some too (except for meat purchases...know where your meat is coming from!!...there was just another recall on beef...sad stuff)...but our weekly visit to Whole Foods is always a special time! Ohhhhh and I forgot to mention the delicious chocolate soy mousse with strawberries we had for dessert! Amazing! Being lactose-intolerant and loving chocolate is sometimes tough...but I also discovered soy ice cream this week and the chocolate is awesome! I'm heading to make a "milkshake" with chocolate soy ice cream and coffee soymilk in just a second....it's gonna be SOY delicious!

No comments: